Wyn Construction Ltd recognises that it has a legal and moral responsibility to manage its activities in such a way so as to reduce the detrimental impact on the environment.
To this end, Wyn Construction Ltd has adopted a philosophy of ‘beyond minimum compliance’ at all levels of its operations to ensure that the impact of pollution and environmental disruption is reduced as much as possible.
This will involve: –
- Compliance with all environmental legal requirements, regulations and guidance.
- Integration of environmental factors into business decisions.
- Planning work systems and practices so as to give due consideration as to their potential environmental impact.
- So far as it is possible to prevent the illegal deposit, disposal or treatment of controlled waste by any person where that waste has been, or will be under the control of the company.
- Where possible seek to influence the design and specification of construction projects so as to ensure that environmental impact is minimised as far as it reasonably practical.
- Ensuring considered use of resources of all kinds, including the promotion of recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible.
- Establishing company procedures to ensure that waste is managed in line with legislation and that all parties involved in the waste production, transportation, transfer and disposal process comply with their Duty of Care regarding waste control.
- Periodically review environmental legislation to which the organisation’s activities are subject to ensure continued compliance with both the letter and spirit of legislation.
- Comply with the requirements of the EU Timber Regulations and the Timber & Timber Products (Placing on the Market) Regulations.
- Ensure that all subcontractors / suppliers working on our behalf hold appropriate environmental permits / licences.
- Ensure that timber / timber products are supplied with CPET Category A/B evidence as appropriate.
- Provide information to individuals regarding the monitoring of the Company Environmental Procedures.
- Provide copies of this Environmental Policy Statement to all employees
- Ensure all employees have an understanding and are trained in their responsibilities in relation to the environmental policy and procedures.
Protecting the environment not only makes good commercial sense but is also an investment in our future, both short term and long term. Wyn Construction Ltd, therefore, firmly commit to adopting this policy as a means to achieving this.